This section is yet to be completed. We are also intending to add some videos of relatively easy “beginner routines” for NAIGC competitions as examples. Here’s some advice we have so far (from an email sent out last year):
- Click here to access the official FIG Men’s Code of Points.
- Click here to see a list of relatively easy skills on all men’s events that I put together.
- Click here to see men’s NAIGC judging rules.
- Click here to see an advanced sample routine on floor. (This was a routine for Keith last semester.)
- Click here to see a sample routine on pommel horse.
- Click here to see a sample routine on rings.
Total scores on routines are composed of a difficulty score and an execution score. We want to focus on the latter. Most of us won’t be able to get a stellar difficulty score, but that doesn’t mean we can’t get a good total score. That’s because we’re able to perform relatively easy routines with good execution and expression.